Essention Functions & Responsibilities
Provides support for quality projects. Supports and completes activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards, requirements, documents, and instructions for industrial processes, materials, and products.
- Reads and interprets contracts, work instructions, blueprints, GD&T, and customer and industry specifications and requirements to determine dimensions, tolerances, and any other applicable inspection and test criteria or requirements.
- Measures, inspects, tests and verifies machined, welded and finished parts for conformance to specifications.
- Completes inspection, FAI’s, and other inspection tasks as assigned.
- Develops, performs and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation. These standards and methods include but are not limited to Inspection Reports, Process Improvement (PI), CSI / GSI, DMR / MRB, and internal / external audits.
- Supports final inspection, customer source inspection, and government source inspection.
- Reviews and verifies inspection processes and results.
- Provides assistance and training to inspectors and other manufacturing workers.
- Supports the developments of procedures, instructions, and forms for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality related information in the Quality Management System.
- Supports and completes Inspection reports, balloon prints, Gage Calibration, as assigned.
- Supports programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Supports and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility. Assist and support in the DMR and MRB process.
- Supports and conducts internal and external (supplier) audits.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Completes other duties assigned.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Two-year certification from college or technical school, three years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of inspection, special processes, and raw materials a plus.
- Able to interpret Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance.
- Knowledge of CMM, height gages, inspection tools and equipment.
- Must be able to work independently without supervision.
- Must have the ability to work as team player in a group or team environment.