Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising for the organization. Reviews requisitions, selects products for purchase, determines method of procurement, and prepares purchase orders. Prepares and reviews bid proposals. Responsible for maintaining procurement records.
- Reviews requisitions. Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items. Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contract within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Two-year certificate from college, technical school, or military training, three years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows based computer program, and ERP/MRP based company-wide sales order administrative systems.
- Ability to measure performance to goals and standards. An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Ability to communicate effectively.